Thank-you once again for participating in the Peritoneal Dialysis University (PDU), sponsored by Baxter.
This year, the PDU has partnered with UKidney.com, a nephrology educational website produced by faculty from the University of Toronto. This website is endorsed by the ASN, CSN and ISN and is the #1 website on Google for the search term "nephrology education".
In order to provide a complete educational experience, this year, UKidney.com will host the presentations of the PDU speakers on this site. There is no charge for users viewing this site. In order to preserve the safety of these presentations, UKidney.com goes to great lengths to ensure the talks cannot be downloaded, modified or reproduced in any fashion. The following are security features to protect the speaker slide kits:
- Users must be registered members of UKidney.com
- All slide kits are converted from Powerpoint to secure Flash movie files, eliminating the ability to modify the original elements of the talk
- Print and download functions are completed disabled at the server level
- A digital watermark is embedded on each slide to identify the owner of the talk
- A method to prevent 'hotlinking' of each presentation is employed. This prevents re-displaying the talk on another website.
An example of these presentations can be seen here:
Thank-you once again for participating in this educational endeavor. In order to proceed, we will require your online consent which you can complete in less than 60 seconds by going here.
Dr. Jordan Weinstein, MD
Division of Nephrology, St. Michael's Hospital
Assistant Professor of Medicine
University of Toronto
61 Queen St East, 9th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5C 2T2